Placement Testing Information
The ability to place into college level writing and math courses is a requirement for the Early College student.
There are two main methods to place into college level writing and math at Pima:
1) Unweighted Cumulative HS GPA of 3.25 or higher*
2) ACCUPLACER placement results
If your GPA is not high enough, students applying to the Vail Early College must take and submit ACCUPLACER assessment results.
*Unweighted Cumulative HS GPA of 3.0 may qualify for WRT 101 or MAT 142 or higher based on a combination of the GPA and ACT/SAT/or AzMERIT test results. If you would like to have your transcripts pre-evaluated, contact Raylee May at email@example.com.
Do you need to take the ACCUPLACER for your Vail Early College application?
Here is information regarding placement testing and the Pima Testing Centers: https://www.pima.edu/new-students/take-assessments/index.html
- The assessment is free of charge and is offered at the Pima CC East campus.
- Student’s need a Pima A# in order to take the ACCUPLACER. In order to get an A#, students need to complete the Pima application. It is a quick and free application but if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at the Early College.
- Also make sure that you have completed the Pre-Placement Tutorial in MyPima, under New Students tab, Step 2.
- There are several test prep activities, including strategies and example question at https://pima.edu/new-
students/take-assessments/ sample-questions.html. Please take some time tonight to look over this page. Scoring well on the exam can literally save you entire semesters worth of college work!!