Applications are now being accepted for the 2021-2022 School Year!
Interested applicants need to complete the online application below, which includes a submission of a written essay, recommendations from two current core teachers, and ability to place into college level writing (WRT 101) and math courses (MAT 151,188 or higher).
- If you are a junior and have a unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher, you do not need to worry about taking Pima placement tests at this time, since your GPA will most likely qualify you for those classes without placement testing.
- If you do not have a 3.25 or higher GPA, or are not a current junior, you will need to take the placement tests at Pima.
- Not sure if you need testing? No worries! Students that apply but need testing will be notified via email and sent information on how to make arrangements to take their tests.
To help applicants gather all information needed for the application here is a PDF version of the application: VEC Application – For Reference
Ready to apply to the Vail Early College?
Click below to begin the application process:
Priority deadline was February 17th.
Applications received after February 17th will be accepted and evaluated throughout the spring semester until spots are filled. If you still see this page, we are still accepting applications!
IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTE: The Vail Early College is a program run by the Vail School District and NOT Pima Community College. Applicants do not need to apply to Pima prior to applying to the Vail Early College. If accepted into the program, new students will be guided through applying to Pima. Only applicants that need to take the Accuplacer Placement tests will need to apply to Pima prior to applying to the Vail Early College in order to take placement tests.
Direct any questions regarding the Vail Early College to Raylee May (email@example.com or 520-879-3831) NOT Pima Community College.
Not In the Vail School District? No worries, you may still apply at the Vail Early College. We are glad to accept you as an open enrollment student.
Vail Early College Application Process
Students interested in being a part of the Vail Early College must go through an application process. The purpose is to make sure that the Early College is the right fit for the student and they are ready academically and emotionally for college early.
The application process is as follows:
1 The process starts with students completing an online application, which includes recommendations from two core content teachers and a submission of an application essay.
2. Applications received are evaluated and students who qualify for an interview are contacted to schedule an interview time, which will begin in February.
3. Once the interview and final evaluation of student’s application is complete, the student is notified via email if they are accepted.
If admitted into the Vail Early College Program, students will be required to attend New Student Workshop events. Exact times and details will be sent to students upon acceptance into the program. Priority deadline applicants will have events in an order that ensures timely registration of classes for the fall semester. Applicants after priority deadline may experience a modified timeline and delay in registration, which may limit availability of some classes.