In 2015, the Arizona legislature passed the American Civics Act (House Bill 2064). This bill will require students, beginning with the graduating class of 2017, to pass a Civics Test based on the United States Immigration and Naturalization civics questions. Students will be required to score 60% or higher in order to graduate from high school or obtain a high school equivalency certificate. This is a graduation requirement for any student in Arizona.
We will be administering the civics exam during a Friday Workshop on November 20th to any VEC student that has not taken and passed the civics test. Information about the testing process will be sent out to students and parents via email in early November and discussing in College Success and Government.
Below is information about the test and study materials for students.
- Civics Test Study Materials – Includes the 100 questions and answers (English, Spanish and Chinese), printable flashcards, MP3 audio files, videos and interactive practice exercises
- Civics Practice Test
- Quizlet Civics Test Flashcards
- Quizlet AZ Civics Test Questions
- AZ Civics Test and Administration Manual
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services 100 Questions and Answers
- SlideShare – Questions 1-25
- SlideShare – Questions 26-50
- SlideShare – Questions 51-75
- SlideShare – Questions 76-100
- SlideShare – Questions 1-100